05 February 2009

saturdays are for adventure

On Saturday, in an effort to be more varied in our breakfast choices, we decided to try out a new (for us) spot on 3rd Street called Little Next Door. It was a bit of a hike from where we live but it was totally worth it. It is the cutest little French bistro that serves the best latte I’ve had so far in LA. I had the omelet fumé (roasted chicken, sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese- oh. so. good.) and Pete had his first Croque Madame, which, as he said “is everything I love to eat at breakfast rolled into one”.

After we ate, we decided to go on a little adventure and take a drive down the coast. I love driving along the Pacific Coast Highway through all the little beach towns, especially with sights like this:



Ugh. So cute in his little goggles. And such a good little model too.

By the time we hit Laguna Beach, we were starting to get hungry. Since I was craving Mexican, we decided to go to where we knew it would be good: San Diego! I’ve been using Yelp a lot recently for restaurant recommendations, and I turned to it once again to guide us in the direction of some totally delish Mexican. It led us to La Playa Taco Shop, a little shack on the side of the road servin’ up the tastiest and cheapest fish tacos. For good measure, we also grabbed us some meat tacos, which were scrumptious, but quickly realized that when it comes to tacos, fish is where it's at.




Sadly, they don’t serve booze, so my thirst for a margarita was not quenched. Alas, I had to settle for ice cream on the boardwalk. Woe is me.


No comments: